Saturday, June 28, 2014

Always Learning

I am a 2nd grade teacher. I am about to start my 2nd year teaching. I am also taking graduate classes for a master's degree in elementary education. After I take a comprehensive exam in the fall, I will have a master's! I am halfway through my last graduate class right now, and I could not be happier about that. Actually, I am already thinking about getting another degree...

I have been using my time off this summer to do some research and get prepared for school in the fall. I have a to-do list that is almost fully checked off! I have been a busy bee. One thing that I am interested in doing a lot more of this year is using small groups. I had a lot of success with small group reading instruction. Also, my students' favorite part of the day was the math centers in the afternoon during our math interventions. I've printed and laminated over 250 pages for Common Core aligned math centers for the whole year! However, we are starting with a new math curriculum this year and I haven't even seen it yet. I have no idea how the lessons are set up, what order the standards are taught in, or anything else.

Here is a new blog about guided math. I will be following it to see if I want to implement guided math next year. Bonus: the bloggers are 2nd grade teachers!





Check back on Monday for a Monday Made It post!

No comments:

Post a Comment